Born into an entrepreneurial family with decades of fire and police service, the Sorensen brothers were destined to become both firefighters and the founders of Firehouse Subs. Now, nearly 20 years after opening their first restaurant, the brand has grown to more than 800 restaurants in 42 states and one U.S. territory, with even more ambitious expansion in the works. Featuring second-to-none sub sandwiches and a commitment to the communities they serve, Firehouse Subs is a daily affirmation that serving good food and doing good belong together.
From the very first sub served in 1994, Firehouse Subs has been blazing the hot subs trail. Our unique steaming process awakens the flavors of our premium meats and cheeses, intensifying the taste. Stuffed way over code on toasted private recipe sub rolls and served in restaurants featuring authentic firefighting décor, it's a combination people come back for again and again.
At headquarters, we like to call our growth a “controlled burn.” Passing 800 locations, our expansion is carefully calculated to optimize potential, profitability, investment, and of course, our franchisees' success. Our plans show Firehouse Subs reaching 2,000 locations by 2020. As that's a fire with some serious heat, it's a good thing we were founded by firefighters.
As one of the country's fastest growing restaurant brands, and a leader in the fast-casual sandwich industry, the demand for our uniquely prepared Specialty Subs is growing by leaps and bounds, opening up opportunities for expansion in new and existing markets. With our strong brand identity, exceptional franchisee relationships, and passionate executive team, Firehouse Subs is perfectly poised for development with the right investor.
- Investment opportunities from $131,150
- High AUVs (Average Unit Volume)
- Well-defined real estate guidelines
- Strong brand heritage
With an ever-growing history of innovative products, a focus on exceptional customer service, and a one-of-a-kind brand identity, Firehouse Subs is committed to building profitable businesses for franchisees and area representatives alike. Furthering our commitment, we offer extensive training programs and operating systems to help build your business. Our support team includes development and construction experts, training managers, field marketing managers, and seasoned operational managers — all working together, streamlining operations for businesses that are simple to run.
- #1 Fast Casual Chain - Restaurant Business Magazine
- #1 Pleasant and Friendly Service - Technomics Consumer Choice Awards
- Top 200 Franchises - Franchise Business Review
- RIZMY Awards - Mobile Brand of the Year
- Top 10 Growth Chains - #1 - Nation's Restaurant News
- Top Sales Growth Percentage - #1 - Franchise Times
- Franchisee Satisfaction Award - #1 - Franchise Business Review
- Top 100: Total Number of Units - #54 - Nation's Restaurant News
- Top 100: US Chain Systemwide Foodservice Sales - #100 - Nation's Restaurant News
- Top 100: Growth in US Franchise Units - #3 - Nation's Restaurant News
- Best Franchise Deals - 1 of 5 - QSR Magazine
- Fast Casual Top 100 Movers & Shakers - People - Don Fox - #1 - Fast Casual
- Fast Casual Top 100 Movers & Shakers - Restaurants - #4 - Fast Casual
- Ten Fastest-Growing Chains with Sales above $200MM - #2 - Technomic
- Franchise 500 - #69 - Entrepreneur Magazine
- Chain Restaurant Consumers' Choice Award - #1 - Technomic
As former firefighters, we know all too well that to save a life, you must have the proper tools, gear, and knowledge. That's why we launched the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, to give back to the public safety entities in the communities we serve. Since its inception in 2005, the Foundation has donated well over $10.1 million in equipment and resources to Police, Fire, and EMS Departments across the country. We are dedicated to improving the life-saving capabilities of all emergency services, with funding, resources, and direct support to those who need it most.
Our marketing is as memorable and compelling as our subs. "Our Way Beats Their Way" not only sets us apart, but it applies to every aspect of our business: in-restaurant merchandising, public relations, social media, advertising, corporate branding — and especially our menu. Everything we do is about moving the needle, bringing people back again and again and again.
From the authentic firefighter memorabilia and artwork that adorn our walls to the names of the sandwiches themselves, it's clear that firemen founded Firehouse Subs. As we continue to expand in new and existing markets, Firehouse Subs is looking for the following:
- 20,000 minimum population in a three-mile radius
- $35,000 median household income
- Well-defined commercial area
- Strong employment base
- 1,600-2,000 sq. ft.
- Minimum 20 ft. frontage, 24 ft. preferred
- High exposure and end caps are preferred
- 35 dedicated parking spaces
- 400 amp three-phase power
- 1 ton HVAC per 150 sq. ft. (10 ton minimum)