Work with Us
Love what you do, do what you love
Since our humble beginnings in 1994, we have been driven by our commitment to and passion for hearty and flavorful food, heartfelt service, and public safety.
If you'd like to be a part of the Firehouse Subs family:
1. Find a location near you
2. Contact the restaurant owner/manager to inquire about career opportunities in your area.
HQ Opportunity - Manager of Real Estate Services
Job Title: Manager of Real Estate Services
Reports to: Director of Real Estate Services
This position is responsible for managing new restaurant site evaluation, lease negotiations and market planning with Area Representatives and Franchisees.
- Create market development plans for new market entry.
- Assist in developing strategic real estate plan to meet Company expansion and growth projections.
- Manage territory of existing Area Representatives to refine market development plans for our current markets.
- Collect and analyze appropriate data to determine which sites best target Firehouse Subs guests.
- Educate and train our Area Representatives on the art and science of site selection and market planning.
- Participate in the Area Representative Training Class, when it is conducted.
- Review and approve new maps submitted by Area Representatives for new franchise agreement and development agreements.
- Conduct site visits to each potential location to evaluate, document and report all demographic and psychographic data, as well as identify physical attributes such as competition, visibility, ingress, egress, parking, and co-tenancy.
- Evaluate proposed Firehouse Subs locations that are submitted by Area Representatives and Franchisees making sure that the proposed site is consistent with FIREHOUSE OF AMERICA requirements and the Area Representative and Franchisees overall development plan.
- Analyze sites through use of analytical and subjective tools including demographic analysis.
- Closely collaborate with the Area Representative to ensure a mutual understanding and support for each proposed site.
- Review lease agreements that are submitted by Area Representatives and/or Franchisees to make sure that they are consistent with FIREHOUSE OF AMERICA requirements and the original site package.
- Review lease assignments that are submitted by Area Representatives and/or Franchisees to make sure they are consistent with FIREHOUSE OF AMERICA requirements and approved to move forward with the transfer.
- Assist with documentation of transactions to ensure deal closings.
Networking and Relationship Management:
- Support other departments and the ownership/executive management team in the achievement of our overall business objectives in each market.
- Coordinate local and regional ICSC events.
- Support Area Representatives and Franchisees in establishing and maintaining tenant representative broker networks.
- Develop and maintain landlord/developer relationships
Competency—knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Well-developed oral, written, and public speaking skills.
- Computer skills including Excel and experience using mapping and demographic software.
- General knowledge of construction matters.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects.
- High degree of energy, independence, initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
- Great people skills – with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships.
- A thorough knowledge of real estate development strategy, negotiations, and execution.
- Candidate must have excellent analytical, problem solving, decision-making, project management, planning and organizational skills.
Supervisory responsibilities: No direct supervision.
Work environment: Will work in telecommuting position with visits to construction sites.
Physical demands: None, aside from driving to constructions sites.
Position type and expected hours of work: Full time, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST, 40 hours a week. On call nights and weekends (as needed).
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business Management, Finance, or related field, or equivalent combination of work experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a corporate real estate capacity.
- Proven track record in successfully approving sites and negotiating real estate leases.
Preferred education and experience:
- Previous experience in a corporate real estate capacity with another retailer or shopping center developer.
Other duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Submit resume to: Kristen Akel (Please only submit to this email address for this position. All crew member applicants should reach out to their local Firehouse Subs restaurant.)
HQ Opportunity - Regional Marketing Manager
Job Title: Regional Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of Field Marketing Services
- Provides functional marketing expertise and analysis to internal customers in support of the brand vision
- Communicates and implements the company’s marketing strategy in assigned regions to assist in achieving sales, profitability and traffic goals
- Ensure marketing resources are applied effectively and efficiently to maximize individual restaurant, DMA or AR territory performance
- Acts as a communication conduit by providing key marketing leadership with feedback received from operations and franchise partners
Support Area Representatives with marketing leadership
- Lead bi-annual co-op marketing planning when appropriate
- Provide designated ARs and FBMs with strategic marketing consultation
- Supervise agency of record in development of media plans when local media dollars are available
- Coordinates with ARs to ensure brand compliance at a local level
Local Restaurant Marketing
- Advises Area Representatives (AR’s) on local restaurant marketing tactics and resources
- Assist ARs in developing LRM calendars to support National media plans
- Identify local LRM initiatives to supplement the National media plans
Share “Best Practices” with system through Franchise Business managers (FBM’s)
- Communicate with territory constituents on a regular basis to learn the business
- Travel to territory to build relationships with internal customers
- Utilize Firehouse Subs communication structure (Email, Fire-COMM, google drive, agency, etc.) to share success and failure of tested “ground-up” programs
- Act as liaison between field customers and corporate marketing to ensure ideas, suggestions and feedback are received, considered and responded to appropriately.
- Travel to restaurants to visit with ARs face-to-face to perform restaurant audits and discuss recent and upcoming marketing initiatives; provide guidance and feedback as needed
- Build trust and collaboration among people, teams and departments
New Restaurant Openings
- Coordinate new restaurant openings with Area Representatives, FBM’s and the agency to maximize sales potential
- Lead ARs in developing, reviewing and approving new restaurant opening marketing plans
- Ensure each new restaurant utilizes the $5,000 new restaurant opening requirement within 12 months per the franchise agreement
- Work with FBMs & ARS to determine accurate new restaurant opening dates
- Track and measure results per above
Other Duties Include
- Collect and report field feedback on marketing initiatives
- Analyze sales results utilizing sales tracking software and intermediate to advanced Excel spreadsheets as needed
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing to develop appropriate System LRM programs and tools
- Facilitate LRM marketing plans to improve performance of bottom 10% of units in assigned region
- Ensure marketing information is effectively communicated to assigned ARs
- Provide support of corporate marketing initiatives in the field
- Re-enforce usage of standardized creative & tools
- Coordinate approval of any new creative
- Act as liaison between ARs and Brand Marketing
- Identify problems and develop new, innovative solutions when current tools don’t meet needs
- Communicate with and ensure Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation initiatives are leveraged by local operators
- Support agencies and Field Marketing Director with National marketing initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college/university preferred
- 5+ years field marketing experience in the restaurant industry preferred
- Intermediate to advanced experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Proven experience in the planning and execution of local restaurant marketing
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Able to communicate in both written and verbal form with conviction and credibility, adapting message to suit level of audience
- Sees the impact of current decisions on the future and design solutions that solve problems systemically (Strategic thinking)
- Print background a plus
- Agency background helpful
- Strong grasp of key marketing and communications principles including strategy, media planning, promotion and pricing
- Experience in working in a cross-functional environment where on-going communication and information sharing is vital to achieving success
- Strong analytical abilities and understanding of franchise business model and restaurant profitability issues
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to interface effectively with franchise owners with ability to influence decision making using consumer and business insight to drive rationale
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, enthusiasm and excellent problem solving skills required
- Experience in planning and managing budgets
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical Thinker
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Meticulous Attention to Detail
Key Success Measures
- Comp sales growth, transactions and AUV for assigned regions
- Station Tools usage
- Performance of restaurants in bottom 10% in assigned region
- Timely, accurate and professional communication
- AR & franchise satisfaction scoring/tracking
- Must like subs
- 70-90% travel
- Field based –Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Indianapolis ideal
Submit resume to: Mburton@firehousesubs.com (Please only submit to this email address for this position. All crew member applicants should reach out to their local Firehouse Subs restaurant)
HQ Opportunity - Operations & Marketing Intern
JOB TITLE: Operations & Marketing Intern
Reports to: Catering Manager
Firehouse Subs is one of the fastest growing restaurant chains in the nation and is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. Currently, the operations department is seeking an intern to assist with the following daily activities:
- Door to door / Guerilla marketing
- Generate sales leads
- Assist in managing catering and product flow
- Assist with offsite catering events (Example: TPC, Caddyshack, One Spark, etc.)
- Assist at special events for the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, the heart of Firehouse Subs
15-20 hours per week, Proficient Microsoft office skills, analytical skills, positive attitude, and a willingness to learn. Must have reliable transportation. Must love Firehouse Subs!
To apply, please submit resume to:
Chadwick Sorensen, Catering Manager
Phone: (904) 294-2682