Work with Us
Love what you do, do what you love
Since our humble beginnings in 1994, we have been driven by our commitment to and passion for hearty and flavorful food, heartfelt service, and public safety.
If you'd like to be a part of the Firehouse Subs family:
1. Find a location near you
2. Contact the restaurant owner/manager to inquire about career opportunities in your area.
HQ Opportunity - Regional Marketing Manager
JOB TITLE: Regional Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of Field Marketing Services
- Provides functional marketing expertise and analysis to internal customers in support of the brand vision
- Communicates and implements the company’s marketing strategy in assigned regions to assist in achieving sales, profitability and traffic goals
- Ensure marketing resources are applied effectively and efficiently to maximize individual restaurant, DMA or AR territory performance
- Acts as a communication conduit by providing key marketing leadership with feedback received from operations and franchise partners.
Support Area Representatives with marketing leadership
- Lead bi-annual co-op marketing planning when appropriate
- Provide designated ARs and FBMs with strategic marketing consultation
- Supervise agency of record in development of media plans when local media dollars are available
- Coordinates with ARs to ensure brand compliance at a local level.
Local Restaurant Marketing
- Advises Area Representatives (AR’s) on local restaurant marketing tactics and resources
- Assist ARs in developing LRM calendars to support National media plans
- Identify local LRM initiatives to supplement the National media plans
Share “Best Practices” with system through Franchise Business managers (FBM’s)
- Communicate with territory constituents on a regular basis to learn the business
- Travel to territory to build relationships with internal customers
- Utilize Firehouse Subs communication structure (Email, Fire-COMM, google drive, agency, etc.) to share success and failure of tested “ground-up” programs
- Act as liaison between field customers and corporate marketing to ensure ideas, suggestions and feedback are received, considered and responded to appropriately.
- Travel to restaurants to visit with ARs face-to-face to perform restaurant audits and discuss recent and upcoming marketing initiatives; provide guidance and feedback as needed
- Build trust and collaboration among people, teams and departments
New Restaurant Openings
- Coordinate new restaurant openings with Area Representatives, FBM’s and the agency to maximize sales potential
- Lead ARs in developing, reviewing and approving new restaurant opening marketing plans
- Ensure each new restaurant utilizes the $5,000 new restaurant opening requirement within 12 months per the franchise agreement
- Work with FBMs & ARS to determine accurate new restaurant opening dates.
- Track and measure results per above
Other Duties Include
- Collect and report field feedback on marketing initiatives
- Analyze sales results utilizing sales tracking software and intermediate to advanced Excel spreadsheets as needed
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing to develop appropriate System LRM programs and tools
- Facilitate LRM marketing plans to improve performance of bottom 10% of units in assigned region.
- Ensure marketing information is effectively communicated to assigned ARs
- Provide support of corporate marketing initiatives in the field
- Re-enforce usage of standardized creative & tools
- Coordinate approval of any new creative
- Act as liaison between ARs and Brand Marketing
- Identify problems and develop new, innovative solutions when current tools don’t meet needs
- Communicate with and ensure Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation initiatives are leveraged by local operators
- Support agencies and Field Marketing Director with National marketing initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college/university with 5+ years field marketing experience in the restaurant industry
- Intermediate to advanced experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Proven experience in the planning and execution of local restaurant marketing
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Able to communicate in both written and verbal form with conviction and credibility, adapting message to suit level of audience.
- Sees the impact of current decisions on the future and design solutions that solve problems systemically (Strategic thinking)
- Print background a plus
- Agency background helpful
- Strong grasp of key marketing and communications principles including strategy, media planning, promotion and pricing
- Experience in working in a cross-functional environment where on-going communication and information sharing is vital to achieving success
- Strong analytical abilities and understanding of franchise business model and restaurant profitability issues
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to interface effectively with franchise owners with ability to influence decision making using consumer and business insight to drive rationale
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, enthusiasm and excellent problem solving skills required
- Experience in planning and managing budgets
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical Thinker
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Meticulous Attention to Detail
Key Success Measures
- Comp sales growth and transactions for assigned regions
- Station Tools usage
- Performance of restaurants in bottom 10% in assigned region
- Timely, accurate and professional communication
- AR & franchise satisfaction scoring/tracking
- Must like subs
- 70-90% travel
- Field based – St. Louis, Dallas, Chicago, Denver or Charlotte desired
Submit resume to: Mburton@firehousesubs.com
HQ Opportunity - Brand Marketing Manager
JOB TITLE: Brand Marketing Manager
Reports to: Sr. Director of Brand Marketing
- Drive profitable sales growth for the Firehouse Subs system by leading key marketing initiatives from concept to completion.
- Provide strategic thinking, planning, and analysis of brand marketing programs and initiatives.
- Assist in managing day-to-day brand marketing tasks, such as managing field requests, one-off projects, and participating in cross-functional teams.
- This role will share brand management responsibilities with another Brand Marketing Manager.
Develop, manage, and implement key initiatives from concept to completion.
This role will handle projects from a brand management standpoint to drive sales for Firehouse Subs locations. Project types may include:
- Coordinating, managing, and analyzing tests for new products, packaging, and messaging.
- Leading special promotions such as sweepstakes, vendor partnership programs, and special event initiatives (e.g., special offers)
- Managing quarterly promotion calendar and supporting elements (e.g., creative development for media, POP, local restaurant marketing assets.
Enhance the overall Firehouse Subs brand presence via managing items such as packaging design, menu board materials, and merchandising materials.
Provide analysis of programs and recommendations for future initiatives.
Support the field marketing team via developing collateral or information assets, as needed.
- At least 8-12 years brand marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or journalism from four year college/university required; MBA preferred
- Agency or corporate experience with food or retail brands preferred
- High energy - must demonstrate history of making things happen as an individual and in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Strategic thinker
- Creative thinker
- This position will be based in Jacksonville, FL
- Must like subs
- Minimal out-of-town travel anticipated
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
HQ Opportunity - Foundation Accountant
JOB TITLE: Foundation Accountant
Firehouse Restaurant Group, Inc., dba Firehouse Subs, in Jacksonville, FL, is looking for a full-time Foundation Accountant in support of the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, Inc.
The Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation was established in 2005 in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Mission: The Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation is dedicated to improving the life‐saving capabilities of first responders and public safety organizations in communities served by Firehouse Subs by providing life-saving equipment, funding, resources and support.
Education and Experience:
- Accounting degree from accredited university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- 3+ years of general accounting experience with strong knowledge of GL and JEs
- 5+ years of experience in a non-profit organization’s accounting department
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-starter with high energy and willing to take initiative
- Focus on consistent follow-through
- Able to multi-task
- Passion for charitable work
- Pledge invoicing and collections
- Tracking and analysis of contributions and grants
- Restricted balance reporting
- Account reconciliations and journal entries
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, annual audit, 990 and annual budget
- State registration management
- Fundraising event financial management
- Support of the Foundation Team
- Special projects
Salary commensurate with experience
Firehouse Restaurant Group provides a wide array of benefits. Our benefit programs include medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance coverage; an employee assistance program; and a 401K Retirement Savings Plan. We also provide as part of our wellness program a discounted gym membership. Other benefits include paid holidays, flex time, vacation and sick time.
Submit resume to email@example.com
Please add to subject line: Foundation Accountant