11.18.2016 CNBC MAKE IT: FROM $100 TO 1000 STORES: THE SURPRISE SUCCESS OF FIREHOUSE SUBS
When Chris and Robin Sorensen opened their first Firehouse Subs in 1994, they had less than $100 in their checking accounts. "Even though I didn't understand it at the time, being broke forced us to be patient, and that patience really turned out to be a service. We were able to learn a lot more about the business and grow at the right pace," Robin says.
11.11.2016 ENTREPRENEUR MAGAZINE FEATURES FIREHOUSE SUBS FRANCHISEE: A MARINE AND 9/11 FIREFIGHTER WHO GOT A SECOND CAREER MAKING OTHERS FEEL AT HOME
On Sept. 11, 2001, Bob Lepore, then a New Jersey firefighter, was one of the many first responders who went to help at Ground Zero. "One of the things that I learned is that life is short," he says. "It's not given to everybody."
07.21.2016 1,000 AEDS FOR 1,000 RESTAURANTS: FIREHOUSE SUBS CELEBRATES MILESTONE OPENING WITH $1 MILLION DONATION FOR LIFE-SAVING INITIATIVE
What began as the dream of two former firefighters has grown into an award-winning brand, providing hundreds of independent business owners with the opportunity to achieve their entrepreneurial dreams and serve their communities in 44 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
06.11.2016 FORTUNE MAGAZINE HIGHLIGHTS FIREHOUSE SUBS® FOUNDERS' FRANCHISE SUCCESS STORY
Featuring Chris and Robin Sorensen's unconventional pathway to the American Dream as career firefighters turned founders of a sub shop empire, the piece explores the journey of start-up businesses and entrepreneurship.
06.06.2016 Firehouse Subs airs on NBC's TODAY Show, featuring Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation's dedicat…
07.28.2016 Firehouse Subs CEO Don Fox emphasizes the importance of culture within a franchise.
08.04.2016 The success of Firehouse Subs' exceptional growth to 1,000 units is attributed to a strong company c…
- 2016Top 200 Franchise Chains by Worldwide Sales - Firehouse Subs - #120 - Franchise Times
- 2016Top 10 Unit Growth Percentage - #7 - Franchise Times
- 2016The 2016 LimitedService Restaurant Brands Consumers Trust Most – #3 - Technomic, Consumer Brand Metrics
- 2016The 13 Best Places for Sub Sandwiches in Jacksonville – #4 - Foursquare
- More than 1,030 Firehouse Subs locations in 44 states, Puerto Rico and Canada
- $23 million donated to public safety organizations through Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation
- Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla.
- 1,500,000 sub rolls a week
- 7,750,000 lbs of turkey annually
- Firehouse Subs is the largest user of Datil peppers in the world
- First menu item was the Dalmation Dog (a hot dog and no longer on the menu)
- Firehouse Subs is the only brand in the world to have Coca-Cola Freestyle® in every restaurant
Please no sales calls; refer to our FAQ
Cecily SorensenVP of Corporate Communications
- Office(904) 606-5204
- Cell(904) 338-7980
Liz AndersonSenior Public Relations Manager
- Office(904) 606-5187
- Cell(904) 237-1285
The Zimmerman Agency
- Office(850) 668-2222
Firehouse Subs PR team members: Kerry Anne Watson, Ivette Faulkner, Brittany Mirvil, Emily Oliver, Brianna Belmonte, Tori Andrews, Maria Coukoulis and Natasha Wojcik