5 WAYS TO GET CREATIVE WITH FIREHOUSE SUBS PUBLIC SAFETY FOUNDATION PICKLE BUCKETS
5 Ways To Get Creative With Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Pickle Buckets
Did we mention it’s National Pickle Day today?
Today is National Pickle Day, which is kind of a big dill here at Firehouse Subs – and we’re celebrating by sharing five fun and creative ways you can make use out of Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Pickle Buckets!
But first, you may be wondering, what exactly are pickle buckets and how are they unique to Firehouse Subs? These iconic, red five-gallon buckets are filled to the brim with approximately 300 fresh dill pickle spears, and delivered to Firehouse Subs restaurants to be served alongside the brand’s signature hot and hearty sandwiches. Once emptied, fans of Firehouse can then purchase the buckets for $3 and use them for a variety of crafts and DIY projects, like some of the ways listed below!
- For those with a green thumb, the pickle bucket serves as a perfect DIY planter. Use it to transport and plant flowers, or even as a “drip hose” irrigation system.
- Everyone needs a disaster preparedness kit – use the pickle bucket to store a collection of basic items your household may need in the event of an emergency.
- Believe it or not, pickle buckets make the perfect place to sit. When you need an extra seat for hanging around a campfire, have no fear, just grab a Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Pickle Bucket!
- Grab a pair of drumsticks and use the buckets as makeshift drums. The buckets serve as perfect drums for kids in a music class, or for anyone who just wants to make some beats!
- Use a pickle bucket as a DIY trash can. Take some inspiration from 7-year-old Milo and Firehouse Subs Franchisee Steve Ahrens in Wisconsin. Steve helped Milo with his mission to get rid of litter in their community by surprising him with a custom-made, Firehouse Subs branded wagon, in addition to a Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Pickle Bucket that Milo began using to make the litter-picking-up process much more efficient! Click here to read the full story.
By purchasing a Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Pickle Bucket, you're helping the Foundation achieve its mission of providing lifesaving equipment, prevention education and resources to first responders and public safety organizations across the country. For this National Pickle Day, we encourage you to visit your local Firehouse Subs restaurant to purchase a pickle bucket (or a few!) and show us how you repurpose them by posting and tagging Firehouse Subs on social media. While you’re at it, order your favorite sub and ask for an extra pickle on the side – you deserve it!